There's a storm a-brewin'!

It's been a week since I set off on a quest to raise funds for a clan mech and I said I'd consider the situation after a week. Well, that time has come. First of all, thank you Johann, Ahernar and Dascyllus for donating! Your support has just made a whole new set of articles possible. I hope you'll enjoy what's in the cooker.

Secondly, it's been almost five days since the last donation. It's obvious I'm not going to get enough for a Masakari Pack, but thanks to your support I gathered enough for a Nova Pack or a single A-la-carte mech. After some consideration, I decided against the Nova Pack. It's a better bargain with 2 mechs and 6 mechbays, but Kitfox and Nova are hardly capable of giving a complete glimpse of the world of the Clan mechs. Nova seems like a one-trick pony, not a great platform for trying out different playstyles. Kitfox is alright, but clan lights are battling for relevancy on the battlefield right now.

What I need is a flexible mech, capable of easily mounting any Clan weapon with decent mobility. I think you know the answer. Today, I went ahead an bought this bad mean boy:


I played a few rounds with it and it's been a blast so far. Clan mechs are definitely more capable than I thought. Expect a few articles this weekend and next week!

Until then, here's my first hour and a half with this baby. It starts out slowly, but ends with a bang.

Watch live video from Tahribator on TwitchTV
Share on Google Plus

About Rak

I'm an engineer who likes to write extremely long articles about games that border simulation and mainstream.
    Blogger Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment